This week organizations in Nicaragua celebrated the national day of persons with disabilities, promoting the rights of people with disabilities in fulfillment of the law 763. At Cielo (Contruimos, Inclusion, Educacion, Libertad y Oportunidades) de Amor we try on a daily basis to facilitate inclusion, education, freedom and opportunities for people with disabilities.
This week we provided:
- A self -propelling wheelchair for Emanuel so he could be independently mobile for the first time in his life,
- A stroller so Jorge’s parents could bring him from his rural home to Cielo de Amor for physical therapy and special education.
- Special education and physical therapy to 32 children
- A family support group sharing resources and information.
- Built a staircase from recycled tires for small children to practice on
- Physical therapy in the pool
- Vocational and academic training to youth with disabilities
- Sign language training to children and families